Below are the most common questions asked about using the automated video chat, and answers to membership questions. If you have a question that is not answered here, please use our handy contact form.
1. Can I type in hiragana and kanji using an IME (Input Method Editor)?
- No, only text typed using Romaji (English letters) will be understood. This helps the flow of your typing feel more like a spoken Japanese conversation sentence.
2. Can I delete a lesson comment I added?
- No you cannot. But if you really need to for some reason, please contact BBJ staff.
1. Japanese characters are not displaying correctly.
- Japanese Fonts are pre-installed in Windows Vista and Windows 7, so there should not be any problem with these.
If Japanese characters are not working in Windows XP, install the East Asian Languages Pack containing Japanese fonts:
1. Open Control Panel from Start menu.
2. Open "Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options".
3. Open "Add other languages".
4. Click "Languages" tab, check "Install files for East Asian languages", and click "Apply".
2. The video sometimes freezes.
- Although the video bandwidth requirements are quite low, you will need a reliable broadband internet connection. If the problem persists, please contact BBJ staff.
3. What is a "Login session error"?
- You can only use BBJ from one PC at a time. If you log in from another PC, the login on the first PC will expire. If your user name and password may have been compromised, log in again and change your password.
1. I signed up and paid, but never received any emails.
- Check your email spam folder. Otherwise please contact BBJ staff.
2. I can't log in.
- Check your user name and password match those in the most recent Login Details email you received from BBJ. Otherwise please contact BBJ staff.
3. I forgot my email address AND my password.
- Please contact BBJ staff.
4. My paid subscription has expired. Can I still log in?
- Yes, but you will only be able to use the free lessons until you renew your subscription.
5. Can I change my registered email address?
- Yes. Edit your profile under "My Account".